- Create standard work documents (SOS and SWI) to support production and as part of CI events, and provide training for this standard work as appropriate.
- Participate in CI events as a team member, and support other CI event teams in implementation of improvements., including but not limited to:
- Research and order materials in support of CI work (e.g. racks, bins, promotional materials, reward/recognition items, etc.).
- As appropriate, make items in support of CI work (work stations, models for layout simulations, Kanban cards, etc.).
- Follow up on Action Items of team members.
- Lead CI events.
- Apply CI principles when assisting in the design and development of new processes.
- Assist with training in the area of CI philosophy, tools and techniques.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of manufacturing equipment and processes in conjunction with CI efforts.
- Collect and analyze data in support of CI efforts.
- Assist with investigation of root cause analysis and implement corrective actions for quality issues under the direction of an engineer.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- ENTRY LEVEL, 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency in standard office software including Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and experience working with ERP and Document Management systems.
- Associates Degree or equivalent is preferable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent personal qualities including: communication, leadership skills, methodical, organized and responsive.
- Exposure to application of Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement principles and tools.
- Solid analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Exposure to Statistical Process Control theory and application.
LSI Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.